Friday, November 22, 2013

Details Matter

I've come to appreciate the amount of effort, time and money spent on the smallest of details in creating movies and television.  The end result of all those little details put together add up. They either add up to something spectacular or sub par. 
Here is a little detail I noticed recently in a children's church room. When I saw the bible, at first I thought about the mindset of the adults that put it there, and left it there.  Then I thought about how all the kids noticed it at some level of consciousness just like a movie.
I'm not concerned about the Bible there, although I did remove it. I just wanted to share my thoughts on details, they matter even when you don't realize it!
I'm grateful for the teachers and adults who taught me many things as a young man, like not using a bible to prop up a table or door, letting the flag touch the ground, the importance of pledging my allegiance to the United States of America, and why you say yes sir and yes ma'am.  Respect, manners, etiquette all things disappearing at an alarming rate.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment