Sunday, May 1, 2011

Volunteering outside our gifted areas

Many years ago I transitioned from working specifically with technology at Faith Promise Church to working with the children's ministry because there was a need. Today I was working children's security during the service and they brought in a crying three year old boy who had a minor injury. Typically I don't have a lot of interaction with the children. They had to get ice, so I watched him for a few minutes. At first I was wondering what to do, but then I realized, duh, you are already raising a boy who is 10 years older than this one, just pretend like he is yours. By the time they got back with the ice, the little boy was laughing and bragging about the paper airplane we had made in an effort to get his mind off his hand. As they were filling out the incident report with the parents, all the boy kept talking about was that paper airplane. It was actually quite amazing how quickly he transitioned from crying to laughing!

Try doing something different this week, you never know where it will lead you!



No comments:

Post a Comment