Thursday, July 5, 2012

What a young Croatian lady thought about 4th of July

I was eating at the Hard Rock Cafe today and my server was from Croatia. I know this because I asked her  where her accent origin was from. :-) Apparently she did not realize that there was a fireworks display for the 4th of July, because she said she heard big booms, and went outside and saw the fireworks. She said "I never saw anything like that in my entire life" She was definitely amazed and in awe. I was thinking about a couple times in the past when I sat at home because I thought it was too hot outside, or I didn't want to worry about traffic. Wow, what a tragedy when we get so spoiled as Americans that we sit at home and miss a $30,000-$100,000 fireworks display that celebrates the very roots of our country.

I am so glad that I was born in the greatest country in all of the world with opportunities so vast that many people still die trying to get here. I encourage you not to "stay" complacent and/or discouraged and remember that just being born here, and being a citizen of this Country is a blessing that many only will dream of. I used the phrase stay complacent, because I believe we all get complacent and discouraged at times.

Until next time.... Mike.





No comments:

Post a Comment