Sunday, August 12, 2012

Respect is a two way street!

I remember when I was a kid, adults would introduce us to a police officer, and the police officer would talk to us. It was a attempt to gain rapport and let us know that the police are protectors, and nice. WOW how times have changed! This week me and my middle school son were driving back from a movie. There was a wreck near our house. I told my son to record it since I was driving. I am a social networking guru with 12,000+ twitter followers and 5,500+ Instagram followers, and this blog is well over 12,000 views now, so I like to record videos of various events, you never know what may be popular. I've had two videos shown on CNN! As we drove by the officer says, "Is it really that interesting" He was very loud too, you can hear him very clearly in the video. At first you may say, well this isn't that big of a deal, but our city has a long history of issues with abuse of power. And this is a behavioral issue, I'll explain more below.

It is disturbing to me that a grown man that is a police officer would feel a need to say something to a 13 year old passenger of a car as we pass by!  Is this China? The last time I checked this is a free country, and if we want to record something it's none of his business! Also, what planet is he from? Why do you think news crews show up at wrecks? Yes, it's interesting, why else do they report wrecks on the news? Also, isn't he instigating problems? He asked a question and I wasn't able to respond, and trust me I REALLY WANTED TO!

Our kids will never have the experiences we had as kids because of people like this officer who have a chip on their shoulder.

I'm done, I'm not really sure if this can be consider a blog, or a rant. I just really wish people would step back and think about little things they do. I'm sure my son lost a little respect for the police all over a cocky, arrogant officer's unnecessary comment.

P.S.The video above has over 22,000 views at the time of this posting. I guess we ended up getting something "interesting" it just wasn't what we thought it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment